The Police
Message Type Icon

Street Safe

Dear Residents of Godley,

Did you know about an online reporting service called StreetSafe?

StreetSafe is police-supported and has been developed in cooperation with the Home Office and the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC)

StreetSafe is a service that allows you to report safety concerns in public places without giving us your name (anonymously). This includes issues like poorly lit streets, abandoned buildings, or vandalism, as well as instances where you feel unsafe due to someone following or verbally abusing you.

Examples of situations that should be reported to StreetSafe include a poorly lit alleyway that makes you feel unsafe or a park with broken equipment that poses a safety hazard.


Please note: StreetSafe is not for reporting crimes or emergencies. If you witness a crime or emergency, please call the police on 101 or report a crime online. If you're unsure whether something is a crime or not, read our advice.

Reply to this message

Message Sent By
Amanda Smith
(Greater Manchester Police, Neighbourhood Beat Officer, Tameside South Neighbourhood Team - Hyde Godley Ward)

Neighbourhood Alert Cyber Essentials